Water level sensors in wells and sewer overflow constructions provide you with online knowledge about water levels in the recipient so that you can act promptly and in time
If you need to measure water levels in drains or spillways, we have the solution delivering online data 24/7.
The ultrasound sensor is available with one of the two installation types below:
- Below well covers the sensor is installed on a special 3-branch holder installed below the well cover where it records water in the drain and records overfall, foreign water and blockages;
- Directly on structures the sensor records from above down to the water surface. The sensor provides alarm messages at critical water levels and can document water levels without the need for manual inspections.
Our customer uses the water level sensor as a replacement for manual water level readings, manual inspections of weed grates and overfall grates and drain inspections.
It allows you and your colleagues the following online options:
- To see the current water level and water level trends of the sensor selected;
- To calculate the capacity of the recipient to see if it is suitable for the precipitation and water amounts draining to an area;
- To monitor if the overfall grate is being covered by weed and if cleaning is required;
- To document action during heavy rain and insurance matters since all data is stored and can be searched.
Ultrasound sensor with rain gauge
Solution developed in Denmark
The objective of developing our own sensors is to be able to offer you a reliable, easily accessible and affordable sensor solution adapted to the Danish climate, delivering valuable and valid data every 15 minutes 24/7. Their low cost price allows several recording locations enabling fine-meshed monitoring of water supplies into waterways and reservoirs. This provides the best possible basis of targeted action in relation to existing needs.
From DKK 4,998
Including the first year's subscription.
Who uses the water level sensor? What are their applications?
The ultrasound sensors are widely used in municipalities and utility companies in Denmark and are one of several Smart City solutions.
Examples of customer applications:
- To replace current response tasks and supervise modern IT and digital monitoring using a PC;
- To act pro-actively and reduce the amount of rush work;
- To document overflow and blockages;
- To get alarms on reflux and backing up of water;
- To document why flooding is likely to happen at junctions;
- To measure if measures will solve problems of backwater in the recipient;
- To reduce nuisance for people in areas affected by unwanted water;
- To document capacity, overflow and action in insurance cases.
Technique used - the sensor:
- Has as "zero measurement" the first 25cm from the unit but after that, the sensor works for up to 5m;
- Recording span with a tolerance of +/-1cm;
- Available with elevation measuring-in;
- Available with rain water sensor;
- Can be mounted on concrete surfaces, wood frames, below projections and below well covers etc.;
- Approved for use in fresh and salt water and in corrosive environments;
- Local examinations are required to ensure good data coverage when installed below well covers.